The chicken with mushroom sauce recipe is one of those typical restaurant dishes that seem impossible to reach but actually is fairly easy if you follow a fairly easy approach.
The core components of this dish are adding starch to the sauce which will thicken it and using the same pan where we cooked the chicken in.
Full detailed recipe
You will need:
- 1 chicken or turkey breast cut in thin strips and marinated with salt, pepper, dried garlic, and paprika.
- half of an onion, sliced in small pieces
- 1-2 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of starch mixed in with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water
- a bit of milk
- a bit of butter
How to get it done:
- Let the chicken marinate for 10-20 minutes in a plastic bag with a bit of olive oil. the oil and the sitting will integrate the dried seasoning.
- In a hot pan with olive oil, add the chicken but do not overcrowd the pan . If you have more chicken, just do them step by step. No rush.
- After all the chicken is done, add the onion and lower the heat so you can cook it until it’s translucent.
- Obviously do not clean the pan – we want the leftovers there. They are all taste. That’s the fond.
- After the onions are translucent then add the mushrooms. They will release the water and then you should add a bit of marinating.
- Add the starch with water and you will see that the whole thing will thicken.
- Add a bit of milk and let it evaporate.
- At this point, you should check for seasoning, to make sure that it has everything it needs.
- Finalize with a bit of butter to add some shine to the sauce.
You can serve this chicken with mushroom sauce either all mixed up together or with the sauce on top. But they will need a side, and the best side that you will have is with home fries.