This creamy mushroom risotto is achieved only if you do it the original way – where you add water bit by bit and reduce till ready based on your taste.
- 200-300 gr of fresh mushrooms (but here feel free to add more if you like mushrooms)
- 1 onion (would recommend red onions here, but whatever you got works usually)
- a bit of garlic
- butter and olive oil
- a bit of stock
- Some pecorino to finalize
Creamy mushroom risotto recipe:
- Finely chop the onions and the garlic
- In a hot pan, on medium heat add a bit of olive oil. and throw in the chopped onions and garlic
- Let them sweat a bit till translucent
- Throw in the chopped mushrooms and cook them until the water that they retain, evaporates.
- Add salt and pepper and taste it to make sure that it is properly salty.
- Throw in a bit of butter as the mixture will stick with the rice better – now this is optional
- Add the rice in the mixture and mix it up. We want the whole thing to be fully integrated with the rice
- In medium heat, start adding the water or chicken stock bit by bit. I usually go for 1 part water, 1 part stock and 1 part rice. If you do not have stock, no worries – you just need to add a bit more seasoning.
- So this is how you do it. Add the liquid bit by bit and evaporate. Now I was using risotto rice – which is the more rounder looking rice so depending on what you have – the time will vary. As you will mix it constantly, give it a try every once in a while – once the rice is soft, it’s done. That’s the reason why we do not add all the liquid so that we control how liquid the risotto will be
- Remove from the heat and add a bit of shredded pecorino – this thing does wonders.
- And it is ready.