As you may have noted from the title, this Mediterranean sauteed tomatoes, peppers, and feta is a fairly Mediterranean dish. We mainly use it as an appetizer with toasted bread. Whilst there may be a lot of ways to get this done, where a lot includes stuffing the papers and whatnot, this is not one of them.
You will need three main ingredients with the fourth point for oil and salt
- 3-4 medium Peppers
- 3-4 medium Tomatoes
- 250gr of Feta
- Olive oil for cooking and salt to taste
How to get it done
- In a hot deep-pan, throw in some olive oil and let it warm up.
- Throw in the chopped peppers and let them soften a bit.
- After the peppers are soft, add in the chopped fresh tomatoes. Note that it’s fairly important to use fresh tomatoes.
- Let everything cook together and for like 10-15 minutes and after you have archived the done-ness that you prefer (for example you like the tomatoes with a bit a structure and bite, then cook it a bit less)
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped feta cheese and the heat of the mixture will melt the cheese.
- At this point give it a taste. Depending on the cheese that you are using, you will need to adjust the saltiness.
- That’s it. Now keep in mind this is great with some very nice toasted bread.
Dip it, share it, eat it with a spoon – this dish does it all.