This is a follow up of How to make a vegetable soup 101 which I would highly recommend checking out before as it explains everything why we are doing this for this summer squash and potato blended soup with spring onions
You will need:
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 cubed potato
- A couple of summer squash’s
- spring onions
- Salt, pepper, spring onions and a bit of butter
If you don’t wanna, here it goes:
- Sear one chopped onions, one chopped carrot, and one cubed potato till they get some color
- Marinate them with salt and pepper
- Cube the summer squash and add this to the mix
- Add some aromatics like oregano, dried thyme, and a bay leaf
- I also added the white parts of the spring onions
- Add about a liter of water
- You can let it boil in medium heat in a pressure cooker for about 30 minutes or in a normal pot for around 1 hour.
- Blend everything together with a hand blender.
- Throw in a bit of butter for shine and to make it interesting.
- Serve it immediately with chopped spring onions on top, a drizzle of olive oil and freshly ground pepper
As you see this summer squash and potato soup require no fancy ingredients and absolutely no cooking skills. Go ahead and get it done. Now, these recipes are the pinnacle of what we are trying to do here so that you don’t need to spend a lot of time and most importantly, money!