The epitome of fanciness and delicate flavor is nothing else than a properly made risotto. Obviously making risotto like the masters, requires a lot of experience and technique, but our white wine mushroom risotto needs no such thing. Follow this simple step by step process, that you can not really go wrong.
One of the key things here is that this recipe of white wine mushroom risotto can be easily adjusted to adding any type of veggies or meat to this approach. As such this can be one of those recipes for the Quarantine grocery list that I posted the other day.
You will need for two people:
- 200 gr of fresh mushrooms (but here feel free to add more if you like mushrooms)
- 1 onion (would recommend red onions here, but whatever you got works usually)
- a bit of garlic
- butter and olive oil
- a dash of white wine
Step by step process:
Follow the pics as a reference – bellow you will find al the steps
- Depending on the type of person that you are, you can chop the onions or blend them fine in a food processor
- Do the same thing that you did with the garlic as well
- In a hot pan add a bit of olive oil. and throw in the chopped onions and garlic
- Let them sweat a bit till translucent
- Throw in the chopped mushrooms and cook them until the water that they retain, evaporates.
- After the water is gone salt the mushrooms. This is a fairly important step as we are adding rice later, the mushrooms need to be a bit salty. Taste as you add salt, please!
- At this point, you should have a fairly dried mixture, throw in some white wine. The addition of the white wine is completely optional, but in the end, it gives the mushrooms a different depth of flavor. Let it evaporate.
- Throw some butter for some added shine to the mix and then throw in the rice and stir so the rice is mixed with the mushroom and gets a nice shine.
- Add the water (1 part rice, 2 parts water). So whatever rice amount you added double it and that’s your water amount.
- Let is boil, lower the temperature and cover it in low heat.
- Cook the rice for 15-17 minutes.
Serve and eat this delicious white wine mushroom risotto immediately