Broccoli carrot celery potato soup is exactly what it seems – a healthy, nutritious soup that will make you happy, warm and help you feel good.
There is no wrong way of doing this btw – approach it as you like BUT (and a very big but hehe) we are just making it a bit more complex and adding it some more of a zing so you can surprise yourself.
This is a follow up of How to make a vegetable soup 101 which I would highly recommend checking out before as it explains everything why we are doing this.
- Half of a chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2-3 chopped celery sticks
- 1 cubed potato
- 1 medium-sized broccoli head
- Chicken stock and water
- A bit of hot sauce.
Step by step recipe:
- In a big pot add some olive oil and cook the onions on medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add the chopped carrots and the celery
- Mix everything together and cook them for 1 minute till the oil covers everything.
- Add the broccoli
- Throw in some aromatics like a bay leaf
- Add some chicken stock. and add the rest in water. You should aim for about 1 liter of liquid.
- You can let it boil in medium heat in a pressure cooker for about 30 minutes or in a normal pot for around 1 hour.
- Blend everything together with a hand blender.
- Add Tabasco or your favorite lemony hot sauce. This will make everything so much better.
- Check for salt – I did not need any as the chicken stock was a little salty for some reason
This broccoli carrot celery potato soup (i know, a mouthful, but I can not really call it soup…) is ready to eat – also some very cool bruschetta does go very well with it, just to be fancy enough.