This is one of those quick recipes that will do wonders for a quick snack or even as an appetizer. These anchovies and mozzarella bruschetta are done with some delicious toasted bread, olive oil, awesome moist cheese which is coupled awesomely with salty cured fishies.
You can make this recipe in any way that you want as I will explain to you the concept:
- Toast some bread.
- Once it is toasted, throw in a bit of olive oil
- Add a slice of fresh mozzarella
- Freshly ground pepper on top
- A slice of anchovy.
It is that easy!
Now hold it there – I know this recipe is easy, but hand out for a second so I can explain to you the logic of how to make the tastiest bruschetta in the world.
Bruschettas are bite-sized treats that are supposed to make your life better that are packed with flavor, filled with special ingredients that you can not eat a lot of. Think of truffles if you are a chocolate fan.
Now here are the components that you will need:
- You will need a base. That base is usually bread. Now as always, the base should be freaking outstanding. Either your brand should be fresh from the oven or you need to toast it.
- You will need a buffer. The buffer in this recipe is mozzarella. It provides a body to the bruschetta and has a very delicate taste.
- You will need something with a very strong flavor. Something that you can not serve on its own because the taste is too much. You can use here aged cheeses, dries fish, smoked or aged meats. I have used anchovies.
- You will need something to bind it together and that is more often than not, some top-notch olive oil to die for.
So here it is how we made these anchovies and mozzarella bruschetta and the logic behind it so that you can replicate with whatever you got in the fridge.
Now as this is a starter, check this awesome pasta recipe to pair it with.