When you read the word souffle, you think of fancy french dishes. The difference between what you are thinking and this easy spinach soufflé is that there is nothing fancy going on here. You just saute the stuff in a pan and finish in the oven in a small ovenproof container.
Now there are plenty of ways to do this and done of them are done with a bechamel sauce. I am generally not a fan, so we are switching for heavy cream, but in the end, it’s up to you. You can switch for anything, that’s the beauty of the recipes that we are doing here for this easy spinach soufflé.
The last comment is that you will not see measurements. That’s because this dish can be very versatile. You can make it very spinach or very creamy. I will not tell you what to do. Another dish that I will not tell you what to do is this Chili con Carne that forgives everyone.
You will need:
- Spinach, either frozen or fresh
- Heavy cream
- A bit of milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- Half of a chopped onion
- Shredded parmesan for a cool finish.
How to get it done:
- Turn on the oven to 200. If you do not have the oven, then you must have a toaster oven. At this point, just cook the whole thing a bit longer and you just let it get a cool finish. If you do not have that as well, then disregard the whole finishing. See you don’t even need an oven.
- In a hot pan, throw in the chopped onion with olive oil. Saute them a bit till they become translucent. Then add the garlic. We always add the garlic later as it has the tendency to get burned and we don’t want that because burned garlic gets bitter.
- Add the spinach and saute everything together. Marinate them with salt, pepper, and paprika. Depending on the type of spinach, it will release a bit of water, so just stir everything up and cook it for a bit.
- Once the spinach has released all the water, add the heavy cream. If it gets too thick and you need to add a bit of milk.
- The best way to finalize it is to make sure that everything is cooked by tasting it. Generally speaking, if you followed the flow everything should be cooked.
- Now throw everything in an oven-proof container, put the shredded parmesan on top and bake it for 5-10 minutes.
Serve it as a side dish or for dipping. This easy spinach soufflé does it all.