Sunday morning breakfast can be easy and classy if you want to. As such we think that a simple cheese omelet is always the fancy way to go.
Let’s daydream a bit and not think about the fact that we just left the office and are complete workaholics – Imagine, you just woke up and you do not feel like cooking a whole lot, but you also feel like you you wanna be pampered a bit.
This is a cheese-based mozzarella – but if you are feeling fancy, you can add some strips of ham or even spicy it up with a bit of gorgonzola or some sort of french fancy cheese that has been hanging in your fridge for a while.
Here it goes, for 2 people you will need:
- 4 medium eggs
- 100gr of feta cheese
- 100 gr of mozzarella
- A bit of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
How to get it done:
- Precut everything to make your life easier. Eggs can overcook very easily so it’s recommended to have everything precut
- Add a bit of butter in a warm pan. Note that the pan does not need to be in high heat – a medium-low is okay
- Beat two of the eggs and add some of the feta in there.
- Add everything in the pan and spread it around
- Place the cut mozzarella in slices on top and put a pan on. This will melt the cheese
- After a bit, fold the omelet in half and let it be for a second
- Depending on how you like your eggs cooked, it’s up to you how runny you like them.
- Server this simple cheese omelet with a bit of chopped parsley on top as it would give it some color
If you want something else for breakfast, may I recommend tackling oats? Here is a greats oats recipe.