Today’s recipe is one of those no brainers that you keep on wondering, how on earth you did not get it done sooner. These oven-roasted baby potatoes are the simplest and act as a delicious side dish to every main dish that you can think of.
To get them done all you have to do is boil the potatoes and finish them in the oven. Just make sure to pick the baby potatoes as they have that silky delicious texture to die for and they do not need too much cooking time
They work perfectly if you have a steak that you need a side or even if you just want to have something with your chicken breast or a pan-seared salmon.
We usually cook this dish with the roasted beans in tomato sauce or a spinach souffle. All of them together are awesomely and beautifully paired with a steak or a simple chicken breast. Some night, I even grab a cooked chicken from the market, and cook just the sides – it makes everyone happy.
The approach is simple and these are the core components:
- Baby potatoes are delicious with their skin on. I would recommend giving them a wash first though.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes in salty water. You will know when they are ready when you can poke them easily with a fork.
- Warm up the oven at 220 deg
- Slice the baby potatoes in half
- In a casserole, throw the baby potatoes and marinate them with salt, pepper, rosmary and olive oil.
- What we are looking for here is a good char on the potatoes, so let them bake for 10-15 minutes
That’s it. The oven-roasted baby potatoes are ready to eat. They will be soft and delicious inside and with some edgy and tastefully settled char on the inside.
Some even say they are the perfect dinner dish addition, because of their subtleness (of being just potatoes) and their awesome surprising taste.