Whenever you hear crispy roast duck, you think of a gourmet and tough to cook dish. Obviously there is a very cool and complicated way to get it done, but we care for none of that. Today we will not tackle this, but we will focus on an overly simplified and yet, extremely delicious crispy roast duck recipe.
tl;dr: marinate with whatever, cook it for 45 min per kg and flip every 45 min, let it sit after
Here are the core things to be taken into account:
- Clean and dry the duck. The dryer the duck, the better it is.
- Cook the duck 45 minutes per kg at 200 degrees in the middle rack.
- always cook in a rack over a roasting tray so that the fat does not stay in with the duck.
- For every 30-45 min, flip.
- As always, when you think it is done, poke it with a knife or a fork. If the juice is clear, we are doing good.
- Duck meat has the tendency to be very tough, so it’s best to let it sit for a bit after you cook it. Also, disregarding the instagramable picture, the cutting after cooking should be done in a proper cutting board. It’s not like a chicken that
- A whole duck, cleaned and dried
- Salt and pepper
- Some chopped vegetables
Step by step for a crispy roast duck:
- Warm up the oven at 200 degrees
- Dry the duck very well
- Score the skin of the duck for all that fat to be able to escape
- Salt and pepper it properly
- Put the oven rack in the middle and place the duck directly on the oven rack. Under the rack put a roasting tray.
- After 45 minutes, flip the duck
- On the last flip, add the veggies on the roasting tray that has the duck fat. Those veggies with the duck fat will be freaking outstanding.
- After the duck is done, take it out and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 40 minutes