This is a different take to the squid salad which is braised in red wine and accompanied with potatoes and some greens is a complete show stopper.
This recipe is not the same as all the other recipes, because has a bit more steps than the regulars, but it features the basis of braising something. Here are the things that you need to consider:
- To braise you need a whole lot of aromatics. So to braise this squid I added a bay leaf, salt, pepper and plenty of garlic
- The braising liquid needs to have some sort of taste. For this squid salad, we are just braising it in red wine
- Meats are usually seared and then braised. Squid is a little special – as it’s tender yet very chewy. So it requires basically no searing.
Ingredients for the squid
- About 500gr of your favorite squid, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- salt, pepper
- about 500 to 700 ml of red wine
- your favorite boiled potatoes
- some green beans
Squid salad recipe:
- Turn on the oven at 180 degrees
- clean and cut the squid. you do not need to dry them because we will drown them in wine
- Marinate them properly and add the garlic
- Put them in a casserole and add red wine will the squid are covered. Depending on the dish that you choose
- Cover it with an aluminum foil and place them in the oven for 45 min to 1 hour. They will be ready when the squid is soft to eat.
- While the casserole is cooking, boil in some salted water some potatoes and then boil a few green beans. I would use frozen ones – they are fine.
- After everything is cooked, put everything together and dress it with a simple olive oil, balsamic vinegarette, and salt.