It may sound cliche, but when I was a kid sauteed Brussel sprouts were never my thing. While growing up, I acquired this taste, and I have to say – it was definitely worthied.
As always, to;dr: cook the bacon first, remove, saute the Brussel sprouts in high heat till they caramelize, add a bit of garlic, add the bacon, mix it up and add salt and pepper to taste.
Now a couple of things that you will need to know before you eat sauteed Brussel sprouts.
- The number one thing is that your stomach might not agree with them, so do not eat too much. If not, you will have gas, a lot of it. Sheldon did not get it either, look what happened to him.
- Their best taste is when they blacken a bit, so don’t be shy to saute them even more.
You will need:
- Brussel sprouts washed and halved
- Minced/chopped garlic
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to get it done
- As always, with anything with bacon, you start with a cold pan and no oil. Put it on medium heat until they become crispy. Remove from heat and retain the bacon fat.
- In the same pan, sautee the halved Brussel sprouts for 5-7 minutes without touching them with a bit of olive oil. Cover it up.
- We are looking to sear them heavily.
- Afterward, lower the heat and add the minced garlic and crispy bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I know these sauteed Brussel sprouts are delicious as sides, so why not make them with some Oven-roasted baby potatoes or some Roasted beans in tomato sauce to you easy dinner ideas? It’s fancy, yet diverse and humbly cheap for anyone.
As always, do not forget to check out our Instagram for more information.